On Marriage #2



I saw something really interesting and I wanted to share it with you guys. It’s especially for the guys. It's on marriage.

Marriage is a beautiful thing if you understand it. As for me, I am personally sold out to love.

Ephesians 5: “25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh."
I find it interesting that the husband’s love is likened to Christ’s love for the church. If I had a husband who loves me as I know Christ loves me, every day will be Christmas for me.

How does Christ love me? He puts me first; He does not consider my flaws; He sees me as I ought to be and not as I am and then makes the necessary preparations to see me become that person; His love for me is unconditional and unselfish, not borne primarily out of emotions but a desire to seek the best for me.

I know we see the kind of love that Christ gives to us as a higher love and sometimes impossible to demonstrate. Well, he does not just require it of us, he demands that you show THAT same kind of love to your wife and also to the brethren ( the believers). Agape love (love that does not seek itself) is not just for Jesus alone but for us too.

To the Ladies, if a man has not experienced God's love, he cannot show it to you. He cannot show you what he does not know. Be wise in your relationships. Do you want heaven on earth? Then seek a man that has tasted some of heaven. You also need to know what heaven tastes like to know what to accept.

To the guys again; I have seen something under the sun; Men too ‘spiritual' to love their wives. So busy with the kingdom they ignore their families as though loving your wife were a carnal thing. You should have just remained single. Marriage is first a spiritual business before it is a physical business. The first marriage in the world was not before any magistrate or well wisher. It was before God Almighty and God Almighty alone.

If you cannot love your wife, how can you love the Church? How can you love God but you do not love others? It doesn’t make sense, for his love is shed abroad in our hearts. If you love God, you’ll love others because he requires this of you. 1 John 4:20 ‘If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates (works against) his [Christian] brother he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.’

What is the possibility that Christ will ever leave you (I ask those who are believers)? Zilch. Is it because you’re perfect, deserving, lovely, or good? No. Then why is your standard for love so shallow, so physical?

I have seen another thing under the sun; people go into relationships they know are not good hoping that when they get married, it will get better. Please from where did this come from? Certainly not from God. My Bible tells me ‘all good and perfect gift comes from God'. Do not conform to this standard of this world and their ideologies but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Be wise. Rise above the mediocre and seriously laughable standards of this world.

Why are you with a guy that abuses you, that has no regard for your feeling? Do you love Him? Permit me to say that love is not from God.

Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured. Love never fails.

Don’t die in a relationship God did not put you in hoping it will get better. I have tasted God’s love so I cannot submit to anything lesser.

You see if the foundation is faulty, what can the righteous do? Nothing. Why begin a relationship on a carnal note and then when things get rusty down the way you begin to ask God for help like he is some backup generator when you could have easily avoided it from the beginning. How can you ignore the God that instituted marriage and expect it to work? How can you can you constantly displease God in your relationships and still expect a happily ever after?

The only one who can give true love is God and the ones to whom he has shown it.


©Life and Love World Devotional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5