Placement

©Google Images
I have always had a strong belief that positioning is important in life. Where you are and what you do at every particular moment is important.

God's work is in time and seasons and also in geographical locations.

When God sent Gabriel, the bible records in Luke 1:26; 'And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary'.

What if He had not found Mary there?

Zacharias the priest was the first person He came to see as he was doing his business as usual. It was just another work day and then, an Angel appeared.

Luke 1:8 "And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course, 9according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. 10And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.

11And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense."

Someone once told me, the day you wake up and don't feel like going to church, that is the day you SHOULD go to church because there's something waiting there for you.

There were other people whose destinies were tied to places and circumstances.

One remarkable person is Rebekah.

Gen 24: 43 "behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink; 44and she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels:let the same be the woman whom theLORD hath appointed out for my master's son. 45And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drewwater: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee."

This has always marvelled me. What if Rebekah had refused to fetch water that day. Probably she was lazy or disobedient. Well we would not know of her today.

Be sensitive this year to the leading of the Holy Spirit as you go about your businesses. Encounters have been known to happen there, you can ask Moses, Peter, Mathew and Rebekah.

Has God told you to go to a particular place and you're wondering what am I going to do there. Why does He not just bless me here. Well He is God. That is the way He has chosen it to be. Go!

Grace to you and have a great year

See you on Monday.

Love  ❤

©Life and Love World Devotional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5