EVERLASTING LOVE



     I know sometimes we associate Love with the ‘Grace era': ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son'.  But if you carefully read through the Old Testament you’ll find the love of God more clearly and openly expressed to those even under the Law.  Our greatest declarations from God concerning His love for us can be found in the Old Testament.
 
1.    The LORD appeared to me (Israel) from ages past, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with loving-kindness, I have drawn you and continued My faithfulness to you'.(Jer 31:3)
2.    The Songs of Solomon tells of a Lover’s (God) quest for His lover (us)
3.    “I have loved you,” says the LORD. But you say, “How and in what way have You loved us?” “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the LORD. “Yet I loved Jacob (Israel)” (Mal1:2)
4.     “For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt [to the Babylonians] as your ransom, Cush (ancient Ethiopia) and Seba [its province] in exchange for you. Because you are precious in My sight, YOU ARE HONORED AND I LOVE YOU, I will give other men in return for you and other peoples in exchange for your life”. (Psalm 43:3-4)

     This is to show to us that God has not changed (Malachi 3:6) and will not change; This is what is called the immutability of His counsel ( Heb 6:17). He loved us just as much when we were sinners, even before we came to know Jesus. He loves us now even if we are yet sinners.

     God wants you to come to heaven even more than you want to. Going through Scriptures I see God continually pleading with men because like a loving Father he has seen the end from the beginning and doesn’t want anybody to end up in hell. It is a most terrible place, never meant for you or me but you know the devil, he’s wicked he doesn’t want to go down alone.

     So how do you come out of darkness into marvellous Light? Now here’s the call of God throughout the ages; “Yet from the days of your fathers you have turned away from My statutes and ordinances and have not kept them. RETURN TO ME, AND I WILL RETURN TO YOU,” says the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 3:7). It’s that simple. Take this first step and God takes the next. 

     If you’re willing to do this say this prayer sincerely and you’ll experience a new life in Christ.

Father,
You loved the world so much, You gave Your only begotten Son to die for our sins so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.
Your Word says we are saved by Grace through faith as a gift from You. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation.
I believe and confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Your Son, the Saviour of the world. I believe He died on the cross for me and bore all of my sins, paying the price for them. I believe in my heart that you raised Jesus from the dead. I ask you to forgive my sins. I confess Jesus as my Lord.
According to Your Word, I am saved and will spend eternity with You. Thank You, Father. I am so grateful! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

If you sincerely made this prayer welcome to a new life in Christ (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 John 1:9; 4:14-16; 5:1,12-13)

     You have just taken the first step to a wonderful walk in Christ. Now GROW GROW GROW!. How you may ask.
1.    By continually studying the Bible.

2.    And staying (fellowshipping) with God in prayer. Get to know God more and all that He has put in store for you.

     For more inquires send a mail to amahchux@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5