Fellowship


Amos 3:3 Can two walk together except they agree?

Agreement is very important for any relationship to work. The place of fellowship is where spouses can learn about each other; their flaws, their likes, and dislikes and how best to relate to each other. In our relationship with Christ ( He is our groom and we are His bride Rev 21:9 ), fellowship is where divinity meets with humanity and we become more like Him.

We can fellowship with God through His Word and Prayer. 

When you are going through God’s Word, you might not immediately feel the effect of what you’re doing but if you CONSISTENTLY keep at it, one day you'll realize that you’re acting like Jesus. Remember always that in your Christian life you walk by Faith and not by Sight and you can only move God by your faith. So believe you’re getting something from your Word study even if you think you’re not, and consistently keep at it and you’ll soon realize that the Word is having an impact in your life. 

Next is prayer. Someone might be wondering: ‘do I really get to meet with Jesus when I fellowship?’ ‘do I talk to Him?’ ‘How does it happen?’. FAITH.  
Heb 11:6  “But without faith, it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] BELIEVE that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.” 
So when you wake up by 2 am o pray, what do you do. You BELIEVE that He is with you and that He is listening to you. Believe me, Faith has the ability to draw God's attention to you.

    And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter      and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 
   And Jesus said, Somebody, hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. 
   And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 
   And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace. 
   (Luke 8:45-48)

Whenever I come to God I BELIEVE that He is. I BELIEVE that He hears me. I might not be seeing it but I know virtues are passing into my spirit by virtue of being in His presence and after a while I begin to see results in my life; whenever I am faced with a situation I begin to act like Jesus Christ; I put God first when making decisions; I begin to speak like Christ. That was what happened to the disciples. The Bible didn’t tell us it was a conscious effort on their part to be like Christ in behaviour and character but because they stayed with Him for long they began to Act like Him. The people you stay with has the ability to influence how you act and who you become. We see couples or friends who have stayed so much together, they can basically complete each other’s statements and they act so much alike. That’s how staying with God consistently, makes you become more like Him. 

The same way our relationship with man blossoms when we stay with them, that’s the same way our relationship with God blossoms when we continually stay with Him. 

Make it a habit to continually fellowship with God. Twice a day; Once in the morning, once in the evening; psalmist prescription (Psalm 91) (Psalm 1:2) (Psalm 5:3) (Psalm 22:2) or Three times a day Psalmist/Daniel’s prescription (Psalm 55:17) (Daniel 6:10)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Musings of a Lover #5