Musings of a Lover #5



THANK YOU, LORD, FOR ‘HARASSING ME WITH LOVE'.

So for a while now I have been worried about school life and how to balance it with my walk with God and my service to Him. I don’t want any to suffer and it SEEMS like in the course of life one would have to take pre-eminence. So I’m throwing this question to you; how do you balance church- life (service) and work-life? After school you’ll be saddled with various responsibilities like family, work, ministry and some other things, how do you make sure there’s balance?

I know people who have gone to both sides of the extreme; putting all attention to one (maybe ministry) and totally neglecting the other (maybe family). Then I know people who seem to be making it work. So how do you create a balance or does God literally expect you to throw everything and follow Him?

I believe if we have this balance even in the circular world a lot of families will be saved. A lot of marriages will be saved if a lot of husbands kept their wives in their list of priorities (both in thought and in action). Now I’m not saying as a woman you should unnecessarily demand your husband’s attention or stop him from making decisions he necessarily has to make, but except you’re getting married to a spirit there should be some form of companionship.

I’ll give some Scriptures for you to answer in any direction but be duly guided by the Spirit. Thank you.
Matthew 19 (with reference to verse 29) ‘And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life'

1 Corinthians 7 (specifically 31-36) “The unmarried man is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord;  but the married man is concerned about worldly things, how he may please his wife, and his interests are divided. The unmarried woman or the virgin is concerned about the matters of the Lord, how to be holy and set apart both in body and in spirit; but a married woman is concerned about worldly things, how she may please her husband. Now I say this for your own benefit; not to restrict you, but to promote what is appropriate and secure undistracted devotion to the Lord”

Well, this is what God told me concerning my constant concerns ‘Be still and know that I am God' What I told myself ‘You fret too much. The fact that you are worried about a future stress that has not occurred speaks volume. It’s good you anticipated this and you’re looking for a solution but do what God says and BE STILL (Trust Him; don’t fret about it; You can always go to Him in prayer at ANYTIME and ask for help (Wisdom) to balance family life/work -life/school life. Also make sure to obey what He tells you to do).

I also learned something from this period. God does not want you to be away from Him. He does not want to just give you a one-rule, fix all solution and then get away from the scene. He wants to always be there guiding you safely as you go.

Tara Fela-Durotoye was asked: “Looking back what advice will you give to your ‘younger self’” and she said (paraphrased) ‘I was too busy focusing on my FOCUS, I didn’t have time to enjoy the journey to my focus’. Joyce Meyer calls it ‘ceasing the day'. That’s what I’m going to be doing. If you have a contrary view please let me know.

It’s two days to my birthday ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™‹ #May17th

If you’re in Awka (Anambra Nigeria) remember that UNVEILING 2017 is coming up in the third week of JUNE. Please attend ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship