If You Abide in Me and I in You



©Google Images
Hello!

I was staying at someone's house today and I wanted to pray. It was difficult to connect to God the way I desired to. So I just assumed that the person I was staying with was not a christian or a "fire-branding" christian because there was no atmosphere of worship already there.

-(If you enter into a place where someone prays, it won't be tough for you to connect to God because there is a presence of God there. That's why you experience goose pimples when you go to church, or a certain peace there. Your house or where you stay to continually worship God can be like that too).

However to my surprise, in the morning before I woke up, this person was already praying and studying her devotion. So I began to wonder, what then was wrong.

While I was studying later today, He showed me this scripture:

John 15: 4 "Abide in me, and I in you."

And he said it again

John 15: 5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."

And again

John 15:7 "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."

I became dumbfounded.

Abide in me + I in you = fruitfulness, productivity, dominion.

It's possible for you to be "in God" and he's not in you.

Remember you are the temple of the Lord. What are temples meant for? To worship in and to live in. So Christ is saying live in me as I live in you.

1 cor 3: 16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?". You're God's home here on earth.

But, the Holy Spirit cannot stay in every temple or every house. Why?

Hab 1: 13 "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity:"

Eph 2: 21 "in whom the whole structure is joined together, and it continues [to increase] growing into a holy temple in the Lord [a sanctuary dedicated, set apart, and sacred to the presence of the Lord]." God is holy.

In fact when you give your life to Christ, the first thing he does is to clean you, to make you more habitable for Him.

Matt 12: 44 "Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, and put in order".

God does not just want you to be in him. He wants to be in you too. Friends for life and thereafter.

Matt 7: 22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Inasmuch as we want to be in God and work for God, let us also desire to live lives that will be suitable for Him to dwell in by obeying His word and living a holy life.

Let this be a longing of yours; To make your heart a sanctuary for Him. A place holy and acceptable to Him. A place where he can dwell in at all times.

You know that family or place you like visiting because you know you're always welcome anytime, any day? That's home to you. Well God wants you to be that home he can come to at anytime and any day and feel welcome and relaxed.

Why don't you be that home for Him?

Prayer: Dear Lord I want my body to be your temple. A place where you can be happy to live in at all times. Come and fill me Lord God. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5