Love and Life

©Google Images

The Light

So I'll be doing a series on 'Life and Love'. Subsequently this blog will revolve around this subject matter. I want us to know (and I want to learn too) how God intended it from beginning; our lives in general and our love lives (relationships) in particular.

We are going to be taking our point of view from God's point of view (His Word). How did He originally intend it. How does he want us to apply it now.

I want God to be in every area of my life. I don't just want to be affected by Him in one area of my life.I want Him to breath in my soul. I want Him to breath in my academics. I want him to breath in my marriage. I want him to breath in my business. I want him to breath in my relationships. I want Him to make me come alive. I want to be whole. I hope you want that too!

Gen 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Job 32: 8 "But there is [a vital force and] a spirit [of intelligence] in man,
And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding."

Gen 1

Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Can you close your eyes for a minute. Thank you. Everywhere is dark. Close it again and say  "and darkness was upon the face of the earth and God said let there be light and there was light!" (That was how the earth was). Now open!

Imagine how dark everywhere would have been.

But the bible tells me and you that God does not see darkness. When it is night, it is still bright for God. There's no darkness (night) with God.

Psalm 139 : 12 "Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; But the night shineth as the day. The darkness and the light are both alike to thee."

So what was God seeing in Genesis 1 that He called darkness. It wasn't night; it wouldn't have been a problem for Him and He later created the sun too (Gen 1: 14-16). It was wickedness; evil.

So if that was what God saw, what did He call forth. It definitely was not day light. It was Jesus!

John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:6 "There came a man commissioned and sent from God, whose name was John.7 This man came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe [in Christ, the Light] through him. 8 John was not the Light, but came to testify about the Light."

He called forth Jesus!

This is what happens during salvation. Now remember how your life was dark and empty before Christ came. The Holy spirit was there. Hovering upon it. What was He doing? Trying to convict you. When you got convicted, you cried out to God for help and God said " let there be light" and Christ came! And He is the light that shines in darkness and the darkness does not comprehend it!

Maybe your life is still empty and dark. The Holy Spirit is there. Trying to stimulate your heart to show you how much you need God. When you cry out to God for help saying 'Jesus I need you. I cant do it on my own. I accept you as my Lord and personal Saviour', He immediately steps into the scene and Jesus comes. When the Light comes, it overpowers darkness! And you become free.

Now it is left to you (us) to walk with and in Him. Gal 5:16  "This I say then, Walk in the spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh"

The good news is the Holy Spirit is always with us guiding us.

Prayer: Jesus I need you. I cant do it on my own. I accept you as my Lord and personal Saviour. Come and rule over my life. I believe you died for me and that in you I will find forgiveness. Thank you for accepting me. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5