Love



Today we hear a lot of talk about salvation, eternal life, faith, miracles and healings (which are all really good), but we don’t get to hear a lot about love. The foundation of the Church and all Christ came to do.

We remember the story of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). Christ was asked, what must I do to receive eternal life. He answered “what is written in the law? How do you read it?.” (This reminds me of what he said in another occasion; “have ye not read”. This is going to be the basis of our Judgement; the Scripture).
The lawyer replied, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.” (Luke 10:27).
Throughout Scripture, God talks about love for one another; for the needy, the poor, the orphans.
In Matt. 25: 34, He gave this as the criteria for selecting the sheep from the goats ( the righteous from the unrighteous). He said ‘ 34)Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35)for I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36)naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.” It was not just physical food and water but also spiritual help.

Then the righteous will ask him, “Lord, when did we see thee hungry and fed thee? Or Thirsty and gave thee drink? When did we see thee as a stranger and took thee in ? Or naked and clothed thee? Or sick or in prison and came to thee?
Then He will answer “Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” That is where the love starts from (among the believers) before it spreads to the whole world.
Imagine if all believers were united in love as one body, we would be unstoppable.

God tells us in His word in 1 Cor. 13: 13 that there are 3 things that abide; faith [abiding trust in God and His promises], hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation], love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me], they are the choicest graces; but that the greatest of these is love.
Love is greater than faith. The Bible tells us that without faith we cannot please God. Wow, and love is greater!. Selah

Be reminded “1 cor. 13:1 tells us; If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [for others growing out of God’s love for me], then I have become only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal [just an annoying distraction]. 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy [and speak a new message from God to the people], and understand all mysteries, and [possess] all knowledge; and if I have all [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but do not have love [reaching out to others], I am nothing. 3 If I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it does me no good at all.”

This is why Christ will say to some on the last day “depart from me ye doers of iniquity” when they say “ but Lord we prophesied in your name and did many miracles in your name.”(Matt. 7: 22-23) Their work was done from a place of selfishness. They did not do it out of love for God but for some selfish or material gain. God's love for us should be our only motivation to do good. It should be our priority in our walk with Him to show it forth to others in whatever way we can. Choose to love today.

Keep asking for the Grace to show His love to others, and whenever a situation comes up, choose to love, no matter how difficult it may be.

Grace to you.
Selah.

Bible quotations from King James Version and Amplified Bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5