Musings of a Lover #4


Musings of a Lover ™

Fear.


Something happened at home, and my first action would have been to worry, but unlike me, instead of pursuing facts and ‘accusing' God, I started speaking God’s word and speaking and speaking. Then when I was calm I prayed and then God gave victory.

If this had happened earlier, I would have gone back to God and say ‘you said this, you said that why is this happening now'; Mine was not a prayer of faith, it was a prayer of accusation. This time I didn’t go to God immediately, I spoke to the situation and when I was done I went back to my Father.

What did I learn? FEAR. You see, whatever you focus on you magnify. If you keep seeing the problem, it will magnify, you’ll feel hopeless. But if you begin to see God in that situation, everything begins to get better.

The devil is often times referred to as the PRINCE of THIS world. Meaning he’s a ruler without authority and his jurisdiction ends on the earth. He has no influence outside. Just like if a President should go abroad, he will be recognized, even listened to BUT he has no right or authority to make ANY law concerning that nation.

When Jesus died he stripped the devil of ALL authority. ‘ When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities [those supernatural forces of evil operating against us], He made a public example of them [exhibiting them as captives in His triumphal procession], having triumphed over them through the cross' (Col 2:15).

The devil cannot harm you as a believer unless you allow him. You give him the authority; by living in sin; by not knowing God’s Word concerning you; by being ignorant.

Hence Paul tells us ‘ BE ANGRY [at sin—at immorality, at injustice, at ungodly behaviour], YET DO NOT SIN; do not let your anger [cause you shame, nor allow it to] last until the sun goes down. 27 And do not give the devil an opportunity [to lead you into sin by holding a grudge, or nurturing anger, or harbouring resentment, or cultivating bitterness]- (Read Eph 4: 17- 32)

What were the things I spoke when I had that situation?

“God has spoken concerning me, his word must surely come to pass.

What do you mean, that when God speaks and the devil speaks, the devil’s word will come to pass? God forbid. so why then are you afraid?

I am a covenant child.

I might not have died for the kingdom like Paul but I have a right to say ‘from henceforth let no man trouble me for I bear the marks of Christ in my body’. I know what I have been through this year for the kingdom, the devil cannot come from somewhere and be speaking English.

God has spoken and it MUST come to pass” (This was me speaking to my family and myself).

The antics of the devil are real but even MORE REAL is God’s ability to save us. FOCUS ON GOD and not the devil. God is bigger.

The devil is like a roaring Lion. Once a lion roar, it instils fear in its prey, once they are frightened, they get confused and it becomes easier to get them. God tells us through Peter; ‘Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. But resist him, be firm in your faith [against his attack—rooted, established, immovable], knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. [You do not suffer alone.]’- 1 Peter 5:8-9

As we grow in our knowledge and understanding of what Christ has done we will get bolder but now remember this; You have POWER, you have ABILITY, USE IT.

“You are the light of the earth

You are the city that is set on a hill

You are the salt of the earth

Dominion is your command”

The opposite of fear is FAITH. If you’re afraid of the devil, you don’t know God enough to have faith in his ability. Ask for it; build it.


©Life and Love World Devotional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you loved?

God is Able to do What He says He will do

Intimacy With The King

We Have a Better Covenant Than They

Fellowship

Musings of a Lover #5